The Faculty of Hotels & Tourism Management at Sudan International University was established in 2010. The faculty recognizes the unique and strategic contribution of the hospitality and tourism industry to the overall development of Sudan. The faculty emphasizes on the development of strategic and dynamic competencies to prepare students for the pursuit of excellence. The Faculty focuses on conducting applied and scientific research and delivering services that benefit the hospitality community and the tourism industry in particular.
Welcome to the Faculty of Hotels and Tourism Management at Sudan International University. The reputation of the university where you will enroll will have a life-long impact on your career development. It is therefore of the utmost importance that you make an informed decision about your future. The University’s Faculty of Hotel and Tourism Management passion is to develop sought after, future-fit organisational leaders who create legacies both nationally and internationally, our passion is also our reality. The Faculty takes great pride in combining the rich traditions with cutting edge higher education. Our graduates will be known for their skills, competencies and attributes that allow them to excel in the tourism and hospitality industry, which is one of the most dramatic growth industries in Sudan and world-wide. Our national and international partners also provide opportunities for the discerning individual. We look forward to welcoming you to the Sudan International University community. Best wishes with your chosen careerProf. Mahmoud Ahmed Hamza.
Be a national Center of Excellence in scientific research, R&D, innovation, value-addition and credible advisory services in order to contribute to the transformation of Sudan into Knowledge Based Society.
The mission of the faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Sudan International University is to educate students to achieve their full potential and to meet the management needs of an ever-changing global hotels and tourism industry. This will be accomplished through excellence in teaching which utilizes the multicultural community and abundant industry experiences found in South Florida's vibrant hospitality, travel and tourism market. The Faculty seeks to provide an environment where the diverse background of its students and faculty enriches the unique learning experience, and is committed to fostering applied research and active service to the university and the community.
Teaching and Learning
- 1. To ensure that students are equipped with current knowledge, transfer of skills in accordance with the well planned and updated curriculum and syllabus content.
- 2. To ensure that academicians use the latest technology in disseminating theoretical knowledge and practical skills to the learners.
- 3. To ensure that the evaluation processes used for theoretical and practical classes are the effective means of assessing student learning.
- 4. To ensure that the teaching and learning environment is conducive.
- 5. To ensure that curriculum are frequently reviewed (every three years) to be in line with the needs of the industry.
Core subject areas include accounting, administration, finance, information systems, marketing, human resource management, public relations, strategy, quantitative methods and sectoral studies in the various areas of hospitality business.In addition to the core coursework above, degree-specific coursework normally includes:
- • Restaurant Management (Examples: Management of Food and Beverage Operations, Food Science, Food Selection and Preparation, Food and Beverage Cost Control)
- • Lodging Operations (Examples: Lodging Management, Hotel Operations, Resort Timeshare Management, Reservation Sales and Marketing, Hospitality Physical Plant)
- • Global Tourism (Examples: Tourism Management, Airline Industry, Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Research Methods)
- • Attractions Management (Examples: Theme Park Management, Entertainment Arts)
- • Event Management (Examples: Event Industry, Catering Management, Hospitality Marketing Management)
- • Food Preparation (Examples: Basic Food Preparation, Food Sanitation, Beer and Wine Labs)
Research and Innovations
- 1. To inculcate and encourage th culture of research, innovations, and consultancy among the academicians.
- 2. To provide adequate infrastructure that encourages research and innovations among faculty members.
- 3. To provide an intellectually atmospheric environment.
Staff Development and Progress
- 1. To identify the area of training and specialization through needs analysis.
- 2. To encourage industrial attachment among academicians in order to enhance skills for teaching purposes.
- 3. To encourage consultancy and publication work to uplift and uphold faculty's credibility.
- 1. To ensure the relationship with the public, the faculty carries out academic mission regularly to promote public awareness of the faculty's reputation
- 2. To identify and assist the public with activities needed based on the expertise available.
The qualification gives opportunities to work internationally.
Faculty of Hotel and Tourism has links with a number of Hotels and Faculties in Sudan, Egypt and elsewhere in order to create opportunities for exchange of ideas.
Obaid Khatim Street, Arkawait, North of Al Balaabil bus stop
Dean of the faculty.